Join our team of interdisciplinary makers and thinkers, committed to creating lasting connections between people, culture, and place. We are looking for an Intermediate Architect who is passionate about design, thinks multi-dimensionally, and works collaboratively.
WHY we are looking for you.
- You know how to:
- Assist in guiding projects through all phases, concept to completion.
- Assist in the development of project design and deliverables.
- Assist in the coordination of consultant communication and deliverables
- Lead the organization and preparation of drawing sets and design deliverables.
- Provide increasing supervision over junior designers work product.
WHY you will be a great fit.
You have the following:
- 6+ years of work experience in an architecture firm.
- Strong design portfolio with clear design sensibilities.
- Evolving technical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments.
- Track record of meeting deadlines and preserving project quality.
- Experience in all phases of projects, Concept through CA.
- Strong communication & organizational skills.
- Experience in coordinating consultant work.
- Growing experience with AHJ, codes and industry standards.
- Strong knowledge of industry software; Revit, Rhino, Bluebeam, Adobe CS, AutoCAD, etc.
- Professional degree in architecture (B.Arch or M.Arch).
- Licensed in Architecture or clear path to be licensed.
WHY you want to be part of the team.
- Projects that are both Local/Global and at a multitude of scales.
- Fun, energetic and diverse workplace culture.
- Competitive salary based on experience and skill.
- Full Benefits including medical, dental and vision.
- Permissive Time Off policy.
- Hybrid WFH work week.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.
WHY is located in Los Angeles and New York. WHY was founded by Kulapat Yantrasast in 2004 and has established itself in the international design vanguard for widely-acclaimed projects that serve the arts, communities, and the environment. The 40+ person practice is structured as four workshops focusing on Ideas, Buildings, Grounds and Objects—allowing us to approach projects from multiple angles to develop holistic, experience-driven solutions that are also provocative and unique. WHY is an equal opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants regardless of race, national origin, gender, gender expression, religion, ethnic background, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply please email a PDF including Work Sample, CV and cover letter to: