Join our team of interdisciplinary makers and thinkers, committed to creating lasting connections between people, culture, and place. We are looking for a Junior Designer who is passionate about design, thinks multi-dimensionally, and works collaboratively.
WHY you will be a great fit.
You have the following:
- 1-2+ years of work experience in an architecture firm.
- Strong design portfolio with clear design sensibilities.
- Strong research, problem-solving and production skills.
- Excellent 3-D modeling skills, including Rhino, Revit knowledge is a plus.
- Excellent 3-D rendering skills, V-Ray, Enscape and Lumion
- Good communication & organizational skills.
- Professional degree in architecture (B.Arch or M.Arch).
- WHY you want to be part of the team.
- Projects that are both Local/Global and at a multitude of scales.
- Fun, energetic and diverse workplace culture.
- Salaried with benefits or on a contract basis.
- Compensation based on experience and skill.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.
WHY is located in Los Angeles and New York. WHY was founded by Kulapat Yantrasast in 2004 and has established itself in the international design vanguard for widely-acclaimed projects that serve the arts, communities, and the environment. The 40+ person practice is structured as four workshops focusing on Ideas, Buildings, Grounds and Objects—allowing us to approach projects from multiple angles to develop holistic, experience-driven solutions that are also provocative and unique. WHY is an equal opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants regardless of race, national origin, gender, gender expression, religion, ethnic background, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply please email a PDF including Work Sample, CV and cover letter to: